25/09/17 – New Statesman has recommended Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile in this week’s The Revenge of the Left edition, ‘“A vivid debut novel. Stripe’s dialogue has a natural quickness and the glimpses inside Dunbar’s head are all the more powerful for being so sparingly deployed.”
05/09/17 – Ursula Doyle, publisher at Fleet (Little, Brown Book Group), has acquired the rights for Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile. The new mass market edition is due to be published in November. More details over at The Bookseller.
30/08/17 – My Musical, literary and cinematic recommendations have appeared on Caught by the River this week, alongside top-tips from the lovely Jeff Barrett & Diva Harris at Heavenly Records.
29/08/17 – Justified and Ancient Seems a Long Time Ago. I have reviewed last weekend’s KLF shindig (Welcome to the Dark Ages) for The Quietus.
- Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile reviews & coverage: The Guardian, Yorkshire Post, Minor Literatures, Morning Star, Caught by the River (Book of the Month), Loud & Quiet, The Modern Novel, Bradford Review, Northern Life
- Gordon Burn Prize: New Writing North
- BBC News: Rita, Sue and Bob Too: A Snapshot of 80s Britain
- The Humber Star at Hull 2017: Guardian, The Times, Morning Star, Financial Times, Browse Magazine, Culture Vulture
- BBC Radio 3: Free Thinking
- Morning Star: I’m Drawn to Strong Women
- Vice Magazine: Remembering Brutalism
- Befrois: Read Women 2014
- Sabotage Reviews: Dark Corners of the Land
- 3:AM Magazine: Cigarettes and Alcohol