25/05/17: Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile has been longlisted for the 2017 Gordon Burn Prize. The prize, run in partnership by the Gordon Burn Trust, New Writing North, Faber & Faber and Durham Book Festival, seeks to celebrate the work of those who follow in his footsteps: novels which dare to enter history and interrogate the past; non-fiction adventurous enough to inhabit characters and events to create a new and vivid realities. I’m honoured to be in such esteemed company. Visit New Writing North for the full list.
22/05/17: Yorkshire Post’s chief film critic, Tony Earnshaw, interviewed me for a feature this week. The Genius We Don’t Discuss is now available to read on Press Reader.
17/05/17: Another radio slot this week on Andrew Edwards’ Big Yorkshire Book Club where I appeared as a guest. We discussed my forthcoming novel and the life of Andrea Dunbar on BBC Radio Leeds.
- The Humber Star at John Grant’s North Atlantic Flux for Hull 2017: Guardian, The Times, Morning Star, Financial Times, Browse Magazine, Culture Vulture
- BBC Radio 3: Free Thinking
- Morning Star: I’m Drawn to Strong Women
- Hull Daily Mail: Hessle Rd Poem at Hull 2017
- Vice Magazine: Remembering Brutalism
- Befrois: Read Women 2014
- Sabotage Reviews: Dark Corners of the Land
- 3:AM Magazine: Cigarettes and Alcohol