My favourite venue, the Hebden Bridge Trades Club, is currently closed for the first time in decades as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic, and needs your help to ensure they can open again.
As a Socialist, not-for-profit, community co-operative, they don’t have huge reserves to draw upon to ensure that they get through this period. Even with potential help from the government, they face uncertain and challenging times. Donations will primarily be used to pay for running costs until they are able to re-open. After securing their future, they will use any additional funds to undertake long-overdue refurbishments, which includes works to make the Trades Club more accessible and inclusive.
As part of the fundraising efforts, the Trades are offering Rewards bundles – which have included donations from Benjamin Myers, Nick Cave, Heavenly Records, and Richard Dawson. As part of the last few days of fundraising I am donating material from my personal archive which includes ultra-rare, out-of-print and prints that are not available commercially. It includes wood engravings, ltd. editions, poetry chapbooks, hardbacks and small press publications from my personal archive and some extra delights from my long-term collaborator Lisa Cradduck, who has kindly donated prints from Mutton Fist Press in Archway.
I am contacted regularly by readers trying to get hold of Dark Corners of the Land, which contains ‘Cock of the North’ / ‘Big Weekend’ and has been out of print since 2013, so I have found one of my remaining copies for this bundle. This batch will be available via this link from 6pm on 24th August. Please support this cultural institution and make a donation to keep it afloat.
- Signed copy of Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile (Wrecking Ball Press first edition, foil cover and pink end papers, 2017)
- Wood engraving print of ‘Last Orders’ – a portrait of Andrea Dunbar in The Beacon by Lisa Cradduck (Mutton Fist Press, 2017)
- ‘They’re all cunts, Kay’ Pencil (personal gift from Lisa Holdsworth to commemorate Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile production)
- Postcard of Rita, Sue and Bob Too by 8bitnorthxstitch (promo item for Black Teeth and a Brilliant Smile)
- Copy of Brutalism One: Nowhere Fast (Captains of Industry Press, 2007) ft. Adelle Stripe, Tony O’Neill and Ben Myers
- Signed and embossed hardback copy of Dark Corners of the Land (Blackheath Books 2013, Ltd edition 42/100)
- Copy of Sweating Tears with Fat White Family (Rough Trade Books, 2019)
- Pair of woodcut engraving original proofs b&w of Lias Saoudi and Saul Adamczewski created by Lisa Cradduck for Sweating Tears with Fat White Family – ‘Djnoun’ and ‘Amduscias’ (Mutton Fist Press, 2019)